Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My GAME Plan Update

I think my actions so far have helped me to move further towards completing my first goal of The GAME PLAN #1- 3b. Collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation (ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education), 2008). However, I feel I am at a standstill due to district regulations. I am hoping I will get approval to run a class blog soon and am remaining optimistic. I have learned that before conducting specific lessons involving the internet, teachers should take care with making sure they are adhering to their school’s policies and rules. I still need to figure out how I can best present my intentions to the supervisor of technology. I would like to create an example, but am worried it would be too presumptuous of me.

My other portion of the plan The GAME Plan #2- 5b. exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of technology infusion, participating in shared decision making and community building, and developing the leadership and technology skills of others (ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education), 2008). By becoming a part of the technology committee, encouraging professional development for technology education, and sharing lessons that integrate technology with my peers, I feel I am well on my way to accomplishing this goal. So far, I have no plans of adjusting this goal until I feel it has been met, which I don’t think will ever happen. I believe this will be an ongoing goal for me as I am always evolving and learning when it comes to exhibiting leadership and demonstrating a vision of technology infusion.

4 comments:

  1. If anyone can be an advocate for blogs or other technology tools that will benefit your students, it is you. You are an expert in the field of technology, have used it abundantly with your students and have seen the positive effects it can have on learning. Hopefully you will be able to enlighten others!

    I think your colleagues are lucky to have you and will be able to learn a lot from you. I think you have already contributed positively with your sharing of lessons to help students become more successful. Just keep using technology and helping students succeed and others will be sure to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melodi, if you feel that an example of the value of classroom blogging should not come from you, then I know that you could locate many examples of how other Kindergarten teachers are utilizing this tool all across the country. I would start with Edutopia and tap into your network from there. There is nothing more powerful to convince the powers that be than results and evidence. Don't give up!

    I have to agree wholeheartedly with your statement about these goals never really being accomplished. I have felt somewhat pressured to reach my goals before the end of this class and I have realized that I must always be working to improve myself in all of these standards. We must always be chasing that rabbit or we will grow stagnant. Thanks for the pep talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melodi,

    How nice of you to share your lessons that integrate technology. Do you want to come to my school and share them with me?!!? With all the courses we have completed thus far I am so eager to try this stuff in my own class but I have no one to collaborate with. I work in a district that is lacking technology big time and it is very frustrating to gain all these awesome ideas and not be able to use them on a daily basis. Also, to have a technology committee...wow! You sound like you are well on your way to achieving your goals. Congratulations and I hope everything continues to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Your feedback is so encouraging. Thank you :)I know you are also an expert with technology and teaching and I only hope that what you say will come true. I do hope that after doing these many lessons with my students that others will follow as in the end it is for the benefit of the students. I am thinking good thoughts!

    Karen,
    I find your insight quite valuable. Your suggestion of just sharing what has already been done out there should prove beneficial. Thank you for being so kind with suggesting my colleagues are lucky to have me as that is quite a compliment and I appreciate it.

    I am also glad that I am not alone with the fact that these goals I have set may not quite be accomplished by Week 8. I have high hopes, but I am also privy to the fact that not everything happens overnight, even though we might wish it did! When it comes to technology and education we are always learning and setting goals.

    Emily,
    You are too funny! You should come join me in my district. It is unfortunate that we cannot always have the support we need from administration or other teachers on our grade levels, for that matter. Yet, I do believe that what you do and your excitement towards technology and education will become contagious and maybe influence the rest of your school or district to support technology integration. Hang in there. Hopefully when the economy takes a turn for the better, schools will begin to take a good, hard look at how to make their money and technology work to their advantage. It isn't always easy being an agent of change, but I do believe that you will soon see a change for the better when it comes to technology infusion and education.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I have created this site in hopes that we may share the ideas learned on integrating technology into education with one another...